Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Illustration Friday - Yesterday (versus Tomorrow)






Well... it's taken me nearly all week to work this theme out. I was ready to give up and right it off as trickiest theme ever!! 

But then I was a littIe inspired by a bit of ancient Roman religion and mythology. Janus was the god of beginnings and transitions as well as gates, doorways, endings and time. He is usually a two-faced god since he looks to the future and the past. The month of January was named in honor of Janus by the Romans. (ref: wikipedia)

7 comments:

  1. I think this is what Janus would have looked like!!!Great idea Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too thought this topic was a challenging one! That's part of what makes it fun to see what others came up with. This submission is a great one! Both the idea and the end result!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Claire, Thanks for your comment! I like your Janus. Beautiful concept: the threshold or gateway in between the past and the present. Do you have a link/site to this cousin Blodwyn book? I'm interested but can't find any information about the book. Bye! Hedwig

    ReplyDelete
  4. Especially love the tomorrow part...

    ReplyDelete